Queenstown Weddings at Skippers Canyon
Wedding & elopement packages at Skippers Canyon
Add a little off-road adventure to your Queenstown wedding day at Skippers Canyon. Located off Coronet Peak Road around 30 minutes from Queenstown CBD is Skippers Road, one of the most dangerous roads in the world! Hand carved by miners over 140 years ago, this unpaved road lines the historic and scenic Skippers Canyon gorge which follows the Shotover River beneath.
And the reward for your intrepid journey… Vast mountain and valley views, incredible rock formations, and an adrenaline rush to really get you pumped on your wedding day. Whilst Skippers Canyon road can be treacherous in rain or snow, on a dry day there are plenty of epic locations we can access easily and safely. It’s also one of our favourite spots for astro photography under a star lit sky.
Skippers Canyon pairs well with nearby locations on your Queenstown wedding day such as Coronet Peak and Ben Lomond Lavender Farm.
All our Skippers Canyon wedding packages include:
- Professional photography
- Registered marriage celebrant
- Assistance obtaining your NZ marriage licence & NZ marriage certificate
- Bottle of local sparkling wine or shots of Fireball to celebrate as newlyweds
- Private online gallery to view and download your wedding photos easily
- All wedding planning and coordination
You can add endless extras, including:
- Flower petal confetti
- Signage & stationary
- Newlywed picnic
- Cakes & desserts
- Entertainment & music
- Rental attire & accessories